Sawtooth Technologies products streamline data collection, improve control and data quality, and expand your research capabilities.
Computer-Assisted Telephone Interviewing with WinCati
WinCati functions like a best practices researcher, providing you with sample management, call scheduling, quota control, disposition monitoring and call management capabilities that are second to none. Its interviewer productivity and sample reporting features are flexible yet straightforward. Our Sensus interviewing system provides WinCati with advanced questionnaire authoring capabilities as well as auto-testing and online data management functions.
- WinCati is cost efficient yet adheres to the rigorous research standards set by the American Association of Public Opinion Research (AAPOR), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and other leading research organizations. In addition, WinCati has been certified to be in compliance with the Federal Electronic and Information Technology Accessibility Act (Section 508).
- WinCati supports voice over IP (VoIP) phone systems for interviewing and virtual private networks (VPN) to give you the option of having supervisors and interviewers work onsite or from home
- WinCati’s optional add-ons, such as mixed-mode (CATI + Web) interviewing, voice capture, and sound playback extend the reach and flexibility of your CATI interviewing while keeping your costs down.
Web Interviewing with Sensus Web
Sensus Web Offers CATI-like questionnaire authoring capabilities without the need of HTML or Java programmers. In addition, Sensus Web offers a fully integrated set of time and cost savings features, including:
- Database for creating and managing sample
- Email system for composing and releasing survey invitations and reminders
- Quota control system
- Auto tester for testing questionnaires and generating datasets for setting up tabs or preparing for analysis
- Online statistics and data management tools
- Open-end Coder
- Export to SPSS, SAS, Excel, Triple-s XML and other popular data export formats
Integrated CATI/Web Interviewing with WinCati Mixed Mode
Conduct fully integrated Web/CATI surveys. A single questionnaire works across both interviewing modes…a single sample database automatically coordinates respondent participation… a single data set makes analysis hassle-free.
For example, with WinCati Mixed Mode you can conduct:
- Telephone-only studies
- Web-only surveys with complex questionnaires and quotas
- Telephone and Web split-sample studies
- Web surveys with telephone recruitment
- Telephone and Web surveys with e-mail recruitment
- Telephone and Web studies where respondents choose the interviewing mode
CATI and Web mixed-mode interviewing:
- Increases cooperation rates (especially among hard to reach respondents)
- Provides a statistically rigorous sampling frame for projecting Web-based results
- Lowers interviewing costs
- Reduces study times